Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2018

Any Donald But You-know-who (More Drumpf Doggerel)

  
I'll support an assortment of Dons – just not Drumpf. 
Defunct actor Ameche? Why not!
Donald Byrd, trumpet preacher? Donn, "comber de beach"? Sure!
I'll dig any Donald you’ve got!
     * Restauranteur Donn Beach, known as 'Don the Beachcomber.'

Don Cheadle the humanitarian? Great!
Ditto Crisp and DeLillo and Duck! 
I'm for Drysdale (yeah, really!), for Fagen the Steely
and Draper -- I don't give a fuck!

I’m for Ho the Hawaiian and Henley the Eagle.
(Mysogynist Imus? I'm torn!)
But Don Knotts and Don King and Don Mattingly? Regal!
I'm glad to blow any Don's horn. 

I refuse to support Father Donald McGuire*
around whom no one's children are safe.
I say "No!" to all priests caught despoiling the choir --
"Yes!" to Dondi the comic strip waif.
     * Now-jailed pederast Jesuit supported by Mother Theresa. 

Don Pardo, Don Pleasance! O'Connor, McLean!
Even Rickles and Rumsfeld I'll buy.
As I say, I'll support any Donald but Drumpf.
(Nor, indeed, do you need to ask why.)

With Sterling the racist one needs to take pause:
he airs neither honor nor umph.
But I'd Shula endorse. Donald Sutherland? 'Course!
I'm for ANY damn Donald but Drumpf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Size Matters

They're small -- his eyes ‐-  as are his hands.  Not so his thighs  and thyroid glands.  And what about  his dingdangdoo...?  Hear Storm...