Search This Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2018

I'm Quick to Quote an Anecdote: A Constrained Alphabet in Rhyme

I'm quick to quote an anecdote. 
With bromides, bro, I'm facile.
Fresh coining is my metier. 
A dictum? Hey! No hassle!
I've ghosted loads of episodes. 
I'm fecund with a fable.
At home with ev'ry gnome,
to hatch a hapax I'm quite able.
My latest insight's out today. 
I live to tell a joke.
And, if it please, my koans tease. 
For legends, I'm yer bloke.
I make up mottos, mold new myths. 
My narratives are peerless.
My omens are...well: ominous. 
With proverbs I am fearless. 
The quip's my game, my claim to fame. 
Romance? My stock in trade.
Which tongue’s my saga? Onondaga! 
Tales? A fusillade! 
I ain't no dunce with utterance.
With verbiage I'm rife. 
Most nits insist my witticisms
prick 'em like a knife.
My axioms? X-rated though they be,
yield "puro d'or." 
The yarns I field yield zingers: 
each one leaves 'em wanting more.
I've epithets and commonplaces,
sayings, apercus.  
I've apophthegms and adages.
(Some aphorisms, too.)  
I'm thick with theses. Mad for maxims.
Saws? Two pecks a day.
But if this gent stays President,
I won't know what to say.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Litany Chanted Over Schrödinger's Box

Is he dead yet...? 'Yes' or 'No'...?  All'd 'God Bless!' if 'Yes,' you know.  Is he dead yet...? Don...